John Wilbye

.
.
    Biographical information

  1. Love not me




    Biographical information

      Name: John Wilbye
      Place and date of birth: Brome, Suffolk (England); March 7, 1574
      Place and date of death: Colchester, Essex (England); September 1638 (aged 64)

    Up

      Love not me

        Love not me for comely grace,
        For my pleasing eye or face,

        Nor for any outward part:
        No, nor for a constant heart!
        For these may fail or turn to ill:
        Should thou and I sever.

        Keep, therefore, a true woman's eye,
        And love me still, but know not why!
        So hast thou the same reason still
        To dote upon me ever.

Page Views


Unknown Authors

Other links

   Other links
Great famous poets | Grandes poetas famosos | Contacto: Monika Lekanda