Octavio Paz

.
.

    Biographical information

  1. Between Going And Staying The Day Wavers




    Biographical information
      Name: Octavio Paz Lozano
      Place and date of birth: Mexico D.F. (Mexico); March 31, 1914
      Place and date of death: Mexico D.F. (Mexico), April 19, 1998 (aged 84)
    Up

      Between Going And Staying The Day Wavers
        Between going and staying the day wavers,
        in love with its own transparency.
        The circular afternoon is now a bay
        where the world in stillness rocks.

        All is visible and all elusive,
        all is near and can't be touched.

        Paper, book, pencil, glass,
        rest in the shade of their names.

        Time throbbing in my temples repeats
        the same unchanging syllable of blood.

        The light turns the indifferent wall
        into a ghostly theater of reflections.

        I find myself in the middle of an eye,
        watching myself in its blank stare.

        The moment scatters. Motionless,
        I stay and go: I am a pause.
      Up